• Annunci

• Emanuele C

Feedback app ufficiali   19/06/2017

Avete provato le app ufficiali di GizChina.it e GizBlog.it e avete qualche feedback o suggerimento? Condividetelo nel thread dedicato!

After many attempts we successfully rooted 360 N5s and, using root access, we managed to flash our TWRP. This is at now the only way to obtain TWRP in this model. 

Warning: At the end of this tutorial your device will reboot in TWRP. If you don't flash a custom ROM (or SuperSU) at this stage, TWRP will be wiped at next boot and you will return at stock recovery.

Preparation

• 360 N5s with 70% of battery charge (at least);
  • PC Windows 64 bit;
  • USB cable;
  • needed files to download.

Tutorial

Warning: Use this procedure at your own risk and responsability. GizChina.it and GizBlog.it are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and any other problem that may occur. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

How to flash developer ROM with root access

1. Install the drivers;
  2. download and unzip flash tool and developer ROM;
  3. run QGDP using "Developer" as User;
  4. click "Login";
    360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-10.jpg
  5.  "Config";
  6. click on the folder image (top-right of the frame);
  7. select the developer ROM (.CPB file), then "Apply";
  8. wait until the process is completed;
    Spoiler

360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-09.jpg360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-08.jpg360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-07.jpg360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-06.jpg

9. shout down the phone;

10. hold the "Volume +" key and connect your phone to PC
    360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-05.jpg
  11. push Volume +, you should see this:
    360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-04.jpg;
  12. Windows will identify your phone as "Qiku Android Bootloader Interface";
  13. "start" to flash the developer ROM.
    360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-02.jpg

Flash TWRP

1. Reboot;
  2. go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options;
  3. go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device);
  4. enable OEM unlock and debug USB;
  5. hold down the Shift key and right-click the folder that contain the TWRP image. Choose "Open command window here.”
  6. type the following commands and hit enter at the end of every line:
    adb push recoveryN5s_GizRom.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
    exit
    exit
    adb reboot recovery

the last command will reboot your 360 N5s in TWRP.

360-n5s-twrp-root-gizchina-01.jpg

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Il 4/7/2017 at 15:51, Emanuele C dice:

Non abbiamo mai provato dato che per N5 una TWRP esiste già: link. Da installare seguendo solo la parte finale della guida (Flash TWRP), qui trovi traduzione in italiano

purtroppo non funziona, non è possibile ottenere i permessi su, non esiste una developer rom anche per l'n5?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Il 7/7/2017 at 00:56, Emanuele C dice:

Hai ragione, dimenticavo che quella procedura ha bisogno del root. Cerco una soluzione e ti faccio sapere

grazie mille! speriamo bene, purtroppo così è inutilizzabile, troppe app cinesi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hey guys, I'm a complete noob to rooting phones. I just wanted to make sure that this guide is for the Qiku 360 N5S, and also do I have to do both steps (flash developer rom with root access AND flash twrp)? or do just flash once. Thank you! Also what do I do with the SuperSu that I downloaded?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Yes, this guide is for Qiku N5s.

If you just want root access you don't need to flash TWRP. However developer ROM is not good for daily use, so I suggest you to install TWRP and then a custom ROM. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you for the quick reply! I have rooted the phone and installed twrp but I still can't install Google playstore. Please I need to use google services on this phone since I'm in Canada. Would downloading a rom fix this? I don't know how to flash roms. Just check for ROMS can I use CyanogenMod or Lineage OS on this phone?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I never heard of a Lineage for N5s, but GizROM is a custom ROM (based on the official firmware) with Google services and Play store.

To install a ROM: 

1. download the zip of the ROM on your phone;
  2. reboot in TWRP (turn off the phone and hold power and Volume up and down);
  3. tap "wipe";
  4. swipe the bar on the bottom;
  5. go back to main page;
  6. tap "install";
  7. select the ROM you downloaded at 1;
  8. swipe to flash;
  9. wait and reboot.

To have working Gapps on GizROM you have also to enable Google services on "Settings -> System -> Google services"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I'm not sure, but I think this is the only custom ROM now available for N5s. You have root access, so you can copy your documents to a PC using USB and you can backup all your applications using Titanium

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Okay thank you just one last question. I have flashed the GizRom over to the N5s, now how do I transfer my sms photos (everything) from my Samsung S6 edge over to the N5s? Also just in case I need to send the phone back to the manufacture for repairs, how do I unroot remove twrp and also get back the stock rom? (Basically what do I need to do to make it like how it was fresh out of the box)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

So for some reason I just noticed that my phones camera isn't working.. the front camera works but its grainy and the flash doesn't work and the options for the front facing camera is supposed to be for the rear camera. Everytime I try to switch it to the rear camera it freezes. I need to try to completely factory reset it can you please teach me how Emanuele!? I need some serious help!!! :( I don't have the stock N5s factory image ROM I didn't backup because I didn't know how to.. Also just so you know I have an extra Qiku 360 N5s phone that hasn't been rooted or flashed at all. Am I able to get a factory rom from that device? and if so how do I do that?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I suggest you to retry the flash, GizROM is just the original firmware with Gapps and more languages. However you can find all the stock ROMs here (use google translate)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

How do i flash the original rom? do i just use twrp? i have to flash the original rom because i need to send it back to the manufacturer to get it fixed :( Also for some reason snapchat won't let me sign in using the N5s phone.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I've tried to do everything over from step 1 to use the program to get the devleoper rom with root access onto the phone but when I plugged in the phone to my computer it didn't show Qiku Android Bootloader Interface connected

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks for always replying to me Emanuele, you're awesome. Anyways I haven't checked yet but the download for the rom is taking forever since the server is in China. I have encountered another problem although I'm not sure if you can help me. So on the N5s theres a screen recording function, I was wondering if I can uninstall or disable it temporarily because I think its the cause to my Snapchat login problem that I mentioned in my earlier post.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:49 PM, poopypantsx1 said:

Also for some reason snapchat won't let me sign in using the N5s phone.

The company says that it doesn't allow rooted phones to login and also doesn't allow phones that have 3rd party software to login to the app. So I'm trying to see if deleting the Screen recording function from the N5s phone would allow me to login. Thanks once again!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti