Sign in to follow this  
Emanuele C

Root your Smartisan Nut Pro 2 with magisk

In our review Smartisan Nut Pro 2 performed very well, so we decided to send a sample to our GizROM Team. After many attempts Francko76 successfully rooted this device using QFIL and Magisk

This tutorial works only on this ROM!

Warning: Use this procedure at your own risk and responsability. GizChina.it and GizBlog.it are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and any other problem that may occur. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

What do we need for Root our Smartisan Nut Pro 2

Tutorial

We'll need to enter in EDL mode (Qualcomm HS_USB QDloader 9008). If you have an EDL Cable:

1. Turn off your phone;
  2. connect the cable;
  3. press the cable's button for few seconds;
  4. install Qualcomm drivers;
  5. connect your phone to PC. 

You can also use a normal USB cable, but it will be broken to enter EDL (see  this tutorial).

Now your phone is in Qualcomm HS_USB QDloader 9008.

1. doqnload and unzip our root tools;
  2. run Qfil;
  3. select "Flat Build";
  4. choose the Programmer: "Browse"-> "prog_emmc_ufs_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf";
  5. click on "Load XML" and select "rawprogram_unsparse.xml", then "patch0.xml";
  6. click "Download";
  7. wait: QFIL will notify an error, it's normal;
  8. reboot your phone;
  9. download MagiskManager;
  10. install and run the app.

Now your Smartisan Nut Pro 2 is rooted with Magisk!

If you want to roll back to stock ROM just flash this via Qfil!

Hello, I am a smartisan mobile phone user from China. I am very glad to hear the root news of this phone.
Because kernel from pro2 with F2FS-formatted data partition have a bug which prevents loopback devices (.img files) from being mounted read-write. So the magisk module cannot be installed. If there is time, we hope to solve it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/guide-magisk-official-version-including-t3577875

10 ore fa, zhaohuaxiaoy dice:

There is no choice of step 11, if possible, please take a screenshot to demonstrate.

It's useless, Sorry, after the reboot the system is fully rooted.

5 ore fa, zhaohuaxiaoy dice:

Hello, I am a smartisan mobile phone user from China. I am very glad to hear the root news of this phone.
Because kernel from pro2 with F2FS-formatted data partition have a bug which prevents loopback devices (.img files) from being mounted read-write. So the magisk module cannot be installed. If there is time, we hope to solve it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/guide-magisk-official-version-including-t3577875

Thank you for your feedback, we'll check this bug