NUU Mobile X5 (NUU X5): How to install TWRP+Root

Samin Sikong

SPECS:
-The NUU X5 mobile features a 5.5" (13.97 cm) display with a screen resolution of Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) and runs on Android v7.0 (Nougat) operating system.
-The device is powered by Octa core (1.5 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A53 + 1 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A53) processor paired with 3 GB of RAM.
-As far as the battery is concerned it has 2950 mAh.
-Over that, as far as the rear camera is concerned this mobile has a 13 MP camera Back-illuminated sensor (BSI) supporting a resolution of 4128 x 3096 Pixels and the front snapper is powered by a Back-illuminated sensor (BSI).
-Other sensors include Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer. So, does it have a fingerprint sensor? Yes, it does.
-For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly, this phone has got a Mali-T860 MP2 GPU.
-On board storage is at 32 GB with the option to expand the memory by Yes Up to 128 GB.

1- Does anyone know how to install TWRP & SuperSU for this device?
2- Unlock Bootloader? - It can be done with this command: fastboot oem unlock

Nuu X5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

>> So far, I've done unlocking the boot loader via adb: fastboot OEM unlock & also fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (TWRP i ported).
>> Gladly i don't end up with brick the phone. But facing black / gray screen while accessing TWRP recovery.
>> I read from HomTom HT70 forum, They also facing the same as issue. The only way to access the TWRP recovery via adb: fastboot boot recovery.img

*** While HomTom H70 also using android nougat 7.0, so i guess the method applicable to Nuu X5
*** According to them, Volume up, Volume Down & Power buttons no functions inside the recovery.

ps: i can't test the method because the phone is belongs to my elder brother : p

>> I guess who got bricked their phone, two using sp flash to flash TWRP recovery & forgot to unlock their bootloader first.

============================================
How to install TWRP recovery & SuperSU on NUU X5:
============================================

Tools:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Adb & Fastboot
2) Twrp Recovery.img >> Link: https://mega.nz/#!GlpDgCLI!z7mUa2vOxt2B_7I9RirIUsZ8sS8RcvK8xza6rcKWbQM

How to:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Unlock bootloader, type this command into cmd:    fastboot oem unlock

2. Put Twrp recovery.img into adb & fastboot folder, type in:   fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3. Then, access directly into TWRP recovery, type in:  fastboot boot recovery.img

4. Now locates your superSU.zip then install as usual.

Done!
    Good Luck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps- Remember the TWRP has bug, after second time enter recovery, TWRP will be untouch screen.
     -So, in order to access TWRP, need via fastboot boot recovery.img
     -Use, Root Essential or Flashify to directly flash a zip file.